We love our mushrooms – from the nutrient-dense ones topping our mushroom ricotta toast, to the psychedelic ones to elevate our emotional state, to the medicinal ones that support our internal systems. The Fungi kingdom has been referred to as the earth’s immune system, conferring adaptive advantages to trees, plants and all existence relying on the underground network stemming from healthy forests and soils. Mushrooms have been used for centuries to elevate the mind and body, and more and more research is being done to bring their healing benefits to light.
We’re so excited to introduce Rainbo Mushrooms to the TurF shop: tinctures infused with healing functional mushroom blends that are sustainably sourced in Canada. Choose from concentrated tinctures ft. 100% Reishi, 100% Cordyceps, or a blended formula called 11:11. With Rainbo’s 11:11 blend, you’re getting an infusion of multiple mushrooms and adaptogens. Think of this as a daily multivitamin in mushroom form.
Mushrooms are thought to work differently in teams than they do when they’re alone. 11:11 contains smaller doses of each mushroom than found in single mushroom tinctures but has amplified and/or distinct benefits due to the synergistic effects. In contrast, if you’re focused on diving into certain benefits, such as energy support (Cordyceps!), or immune support (Reishi!), you can opt for a focused tincture, which you can then cycle and alternate month to month.
Let’s dive into some of these super-shrooms and how they can support you at a cellular level.
- Immune health: Functional mushrooms like Reishi, Chaga and Turkey Tail are immunomodulators, which means they help regulate the immune response – calming down an overactive one and activating a sluggish one via fungal polysaccharides
- Antioxidant activity: Antioxidants are necessary for sweeping and clearing out free radicals that cause oxidative damage and inflammation in the body. Free radical exposure is unavoidable, but how we support our body in managing their damage is something we can take into our own hands with the power of antioxidants. Chaga is a particularly high source of antioxidants and included in the 11:11 blend
- Energy and resilience: Cordyceps are proven to increase energy and resilience to stress related to physical excursion (see study)
- Adrenal and stress support: Reishi and Cordyceps work synergistically to support the adrenals and regulate our stress response; by keeping our adrenals balanced, we’re also supporting hormone regulation and preventing hormonal imbalances associated with a monthly menstrual cycle or menopause
- Improved sleep: Reishi is particularly supportive for improving sleep quality and increasing deep sleep, and Lion’s Mane tends to increase REM sleep, which is when our brain integrates new learning and formulates memories
- Improved cognition: Lion’s Mane increases the production of NGF (Nerve Growth Factor) and supports memory, focus and the ability to learn new ideas; it’s the leading mushroom for Alzheimer’s prevention
- Gut support: Lion’s Mane, Turkey Tail and Reishi have polysaccharides that act as prebiotics, or food for our gut microbes; this keeps our gut thriving and diverse, which is integral for immune, mood, metabolism regulation and more
How to integrate 11:11 into your daily routine
- Add to your morning coffee, latte or tea
- Blend into smoothies at home, or add a few drops to your go-to TurF order
- Add to a glass of water
- Take directly under the tongue
Pro tip: For a super-nutrient rich option, pop your 11:11 in your workout bag and pair with a Matcha or Golden Latte post-class – matcha is one of the most antioxidant rich superfoods out there, and the turmeric in our Golden Latte is anti-inflammatory and soothing for the gut.
So as you can see, functional mushrooms offer a plethora of benefits and work as allies for virtually every healing journey. 11:11 is now available in the TurF shop – we can’t wait to hear how this blend elevates your state!