Email your resume to email@example.com.
Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, the Line Cook is responsible for preparation, cooking, and packaging of all eat in and take out meals in the Bistro, as well as the TurF Take Out Fridge. This role will ensure that specific sections of the kitchen are organized and prepared for the morning, lunch, and dinner time services.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Ensure all recipes are executed in a timely manner, paying attention to measurements, while also focusing on the highest quality of work and detail.
- Promote teamwork and display a positive attitude towards educating the customers about TurF.
- Ensure respect and care is taken for all ingredients and display proper technique and safe handling.
- Responsible for following standardized recipes, and portioning for completed dishes
- Responsible for working in a clean, and organized manner.
- Ensures correct use, storage, and cleaning of all kitchen equipment and facility.
- Complies with local food safety regulations, and has completed food safe level 1.
- Responsible for opening & closing duties which include cleaning, organizing, and weekly/monthly kitchen maintenance projects.
The finer print:
- Has minimum 5+ years of experience in a fast paced kitchen
- Confident working on a line alone and providing guidance and leadership to other line cooks
- Responsible for working during peak hours, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Has a deep passion for seasonal, plant based and ingredient driven food, which is based around local and organic farming that utilizes everything to its full potential.
- Has strong principals in regard to proper cooking techniques, and an eye for detail
- Keen understanding of nutrition, and healthy living
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
All TurF employees receive free fitness classes in the TurF Studio as well as personal coaching and discounts on retail products!
More information about TurF can be found at www.ourturf.com and @turfliving