Reporting to the Bistro Operations Manager, the Barista is responsible for serving the highest quality of coffee with friendly, individualized service. They will also be responsible for educating customers about the unique coffee, and food preparations available. This role will also ensure the smooth operation of coffee service and ticket times.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure coffee is produced in a timely manner, holding the highest of standard of technique, and quality
- Promote teamwork, a positive atmosphere and deliver excellent customer service
- Verbally receive and acknowledge customer orders with a friendly demeanor
- Display a clean and organized work ethic and work station
- Ensure compliance with all local food safety regulations
- Responsible for understanding coffee bar inventory, and communicating regularly with the manager
- Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of coffee bar equipment and tools
- Responsible for opening/closing duties, as well as weekly deep cleaning duties and projects
The finer print:
- Experience in a high volume, fast-paced, coffee bar is an asset
- Has a deep passion for coffee, and the culture surrounding it.
- Knowledge of production spanning from farm to roaster.
- Strong eye for detail, and a keen understanding of nutrition
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Responsible for working during peak hours, which may include mornings, evenings and weekends
- Able to work in TurF Kitsilano, 2041 W 4th Avenue
Check us out on Instagram @turfliving or online at ourturf.com
In addition to your wage and tips, We take care of our staff by providing extended health benefits including prescription, massage, chiropractic, vision, dental free classes, a daily staff meal, discounts on amazing product and programs like goal setting, meditations and much more. If you are looking to create an enormous life for yourself, we can help!
Email your resume to email@example.com