In our gravy, we say goodbye to meat juice and wheat flour and say hello to a delicious vegan and gluten-free recipe made with mushroom and miso. This recipe enhances any dish on the side, giving it an unbelievable richness and cozy feeling.
Serves 4, perfect for a party. The recipe can be adjusted easily to double or cut in half, depending on how many people you serve.
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 5L mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 1/4 c. garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 10 c. vegetable stock
- 1/2 c. miso paste
- 4.5 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and let them sit for 2 full minutes
- Stir mushrooms and let them sear for another minute
- Stir in thyme and garlic. After the mushrooms start to glisten slightly, season them with salt and pepper and add the balsamic vinegar.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the veg stock, miso, and arrowroot powder until no lumps of miso remain. Pour this mixture into the pan with the mushrooms & stir.
- Bring the gravy to a light simmer and cook until the gravy has slightly thickened.
Enjoy! Show us your gravy creations & tag @turfliving